This event is free and open to the public. It is on an active military base.
It is inside the Arkansas National Guard Museum on Camp Robinson in North Little Rock.
The Camp Pike exhibit tells the story of how the Little Rock area was selected as the site for Camp Pike in 1917 after the United States entered WWI in April 1917. It also covers the construction of the Post, led by Arkansas MAJ John Fordyce as Construction Quartermaster. The exhibit also reveals how the Post was utilized to train solders for the Great War, and Camp Pike College between 1919 and 1922, to help soldiers transition back into civilian life. In 1922, the Post was given to the state of Arkansas and used by the Arkansas National Guard. Finally, the exhibit aluminates the history of Camp Pike from 1922 until 1938, when it was renamed Camp Joseph T. Robinson.